5.01.2007

NOT on my butt

Lest you think I am slacking, gentle reader, I can assure you that I am NOT. I've just gone back in time...

I took the girls to their first SCA (medieval reenactment) event the other day, and had to make them both shifts and tunics last week. (They loved it, btw.) I taught a scribal arts (calligraphy and illumination) roundtable while there, and have been doing more of this kind myself lately.

Here's Dana in her new little shift and tunic, all done up with armpit gores and embroidered reverse facing at the neck. Ain't she sweet? :)

I have also given myself a big, new, SCA style challenge (50 new projects + 50 new pieces of medieval clothing/garb + teaching 50 classes, all in the next eight years as we gear up for the SCA turning 50 in 2015) and started a blog to record that process. Anyone interested can check it out here.

I AM still working on Swoops too, but embroidering tunics took precedence last week.... Cute kids will be my undoing!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Any pics of your tunics? Sounds like a lot of fun!

College Papers said...

What a cute picture !!! she looks like a doll !!! really lovely !!!