3.06.2007

Art at last!

Not only did I spin up the rest of a rainbow top this weekend (for a present for my girls), but I am almost finished with a multi-year UFO needlepoint (orange trees in blossom, by Candace Berhouth (sp?)).

Yeah, those are more 'craft' than 'art.' But I ALSO made my *first-ever* woodblock carving yesterday! The wood carved WAY easier than I thought it would - hardwood even! - and the blade holder didn't even hurt my hands once I wrapped muslin around the textured part of the handle.

No, I won't show you my work today. It looks crap. I didn't say my carving was GOOD, just easy to do. I made a real mess of it, but loved it anyway, so at least I got the important part right! Hurray!

Next project, after I finish the needlepoint? DH and I are GOING to clean the kitchen today, and I am designing little leather shoes (basically homemade Robee's) for the girls for our upcoming season of medieval reenactments. Hopefully they won't grow out of them as soon as I get them done!

BTW - I WILL give y'all a picture of my girls in their medieval getups once I get them all done. Greenland gowns and Viking aprons (without the brooches) are what I'm thinking. Coifs won't get worn much, but I can try, right? Lol...

Gotta love the creative kick in the butt of jumping back a millenium!

No comments: